Thursday, November 21, 2013

REMINISCENCE MEMORIES

REMINISCENCE MEMORIES
by: Jelia Megawati Heru


TEACHER'S GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS

Teaching is not easy. Being a teacher is a challenge. On its best days, it’s rewarding. You could instill in the child a love for learning. You help to promote confidence and awaken dreams.

On a bad day, anger and worry, creep through a door you didn’t know you’d left open. On that days, there's a few things that made me smile, calm, and help me getting through the rainy days.

Called me old fashion. I kept the drawings and art works of my students. It made me feel good and heart warming just by looking at it. It's kind of thrilling experiences. We never now what the children's thinking and capable of. How's surprising, how little things could make us feel so happy. I felt so grateful, blessed, and privilege that I'm a music teacher and get to know great families and contributed something in their life - no matter how small it was. Thank you for the best wishes and gifts on my birthday last 15th November! Really appreciate it more than I can say. Wish you all the best. Love you all.

 THE KIEWELS


Sweet surprise from the Kiewels

Birthday Card 
from Lavinia Hidajat (a.k.a Anya)

SOME ART WORKS FROM MY STUDENTS

Art work from Kaskara Hasibuan (9 years old)

Art work from Abby C. Datu (7 years old)

Art work from Sylvia Loharjo (16 years old)

“In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day’s work.
It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.”

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

- Jacques Barzun -

"Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more."

- Bob Talbert -