- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel. 021- 3766 8808 and 021- 525 2636
- Website: http://www.suzuki-indonesia.org
Active Members: Individual Rp. 350,000/ year
Active Members: Family Rp. 500,000/ year
Active Members: Teachers Rp. 350,000/ year
Benefits of Membership
Teacher Development Program
Workshops, Conferences and Gatherings
Advantages of being a Suzuki Teacher
- Being a member of the worldwide Suzuki community of fellow teachers and learners
- Professional Development opportunities
- Life long learning in music
- Registration and promotion of your studio on the SMAI website
- Secured income as a certified and qualified Suzuki teacher
- Opportunities for performance, taking part in regional, international conferences and workshop
Suzuki Teacher Training in Indonesia
- Intensive Study of Suzuki philosophy
- Intensive individual study of the instrument, focusing on the technique, tone production and sound needed to teach young children. Candidates should have the ability to play competently outside the repertoire.
- Step-by-step mastery of teaching points in the repertoire and of the psychology of teaching.
- Structure of individual and group lessons.
- Observation of group and individual lessons given by recognized Suzuki teachers.
- Supervised teaching of children.
- Lectures and discussions on child development, with particular regard to the parent/child relationship.
- Solo performance
Five day Short Courses by Asia Suzuki Association
- Candidates must audition as required by ASA Trainer
- Minimum 15 hours of lecture and 8 hours of observation (Book 1= 23 hours lecture and 15 hours of observation)
- Additional hours of observation recommended
- Trainees may not miss any hours of lecture or observation
- An essay assignment will be required for each level. This essay may be in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Teachers who successfully pass the ASA examination for a short course will have their coursework registered with SMAI and the completed course will be on the SMAI teacher register page of the website.
Book 2: Handel, Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus
Book 3: Dvorak, Humoresque
Book 4: Vivaldi Concerto in A minor either 1st or 3rd movement
Book 6: Breval Sonata in C major, 1st movement
Book 7: Mozart's Sonata in A major, K. 331 1st movement
On completion of a course ASA trainers will consult with the trainees individually and assess trainee’s performance of the book being studied. A certificate will be issued after all aspects of the course have been completed.
2011-12 Five Day Training Course Dates:
Nov 25-29 Piano Teacher Training Level 3 at SMAI Kemang
Feb 2012 Feb 8-15 Violin & Cello Teacher Training at SPH/ISI Jogya
March 28-April 1 Piano Teacher Training Level 1 at SMAI Kemang
June 17-22 Violin & Cello Teacher at SPH
June 18-22 Suzuki Student Camp at SPH